Friday, December 15, 2006

A Drug Free Me


As my students filed into the cafetorium, I heard some of them remark, "Man! I'm too old for a puppet show!" However, as they sat down and watched the actor do silly dances across the stage their "macho" attitudes started to change. They began to laugh at the silliness that they were witnessing, but all the while they were chanting along with the anti-drug rap.
Once the actors called for volunteers, my children were waving their hands frantically, trying to become involved in sharing the Kiwanis Club's message.
A few of my kids were actually picked to be part of the band during one of the segments. The other students laughed at the wigs the band wore, as they danced across the stage. My kids were now saying, "Man! I wish that I was picked! I can dance too!" They ended up really enjoying the show and they learned how to say no to drugs and deal with peer pressure.

No comments: